Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Flash Back

In polishing up another post, I just stumbled across this old post on my blog.  Tears came to my eyes as I read about the cute things the kids used to do and as I saw the roots of who they are today in their actions and words of a few years ago.  I'm so grateful for my sweet kids.  And I'm so glad I took the time to record who they were and what we were doing on this blog.  Blogs are good things.

We're home now and after being gone for the Retreat for several days then taking off on Spring Break right after that, it sure feels good to be home.  I'll post great photos from San Francisco and Easter at some point.  We drove for 14 hours yesterday from San Francisco and fell happily into our own beds at 1am.  We drove through a SNOW STORM on our way home - a serious one with slippery roads and huge flakes that made it look like we were driving through a galaxy of stars.  And now it's snowing outside my window and the 10 day forecast doesn't look great.  Will it EVER be spring???  Feeling the sun seems like a distant dream...

Jared just realized that he's flying out for a boys' trip to Cozumel with my dad and brothers at midnight tonight.  Never a dull moment around here!  Given this weather, I sure wish I could tag along with him but he sure deserves this little vacation.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can't believe how much of this I forgot. What adorable kids you have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails