Here are some snippets of their conversation:
- It says "collect one hundred dollars" - yesssss!
- Oh no! You're almost to go in jail!!!!
- Do I seriously have to give you money just because I landed on your thing? Mommy - is that fair?
- I'm in fat city now, baby!
- How about these are just special cushions so if your guy falls off the top, he's OK (holding up a stack of money)
- "Receive for savings 25 bucks" - I got this card in the mail because I jumped off the top and people paid me for it.
- Oh no! This is bad! The bad guys will totally buy this property while we're gone. Silas, hide those cards in your money pack then the bad guys won't get them.
- Oh, all the chance cards are sinking into the sea!
- But remember, chance cards can actually float so it's OK.
- But Oliver, it's a space ship now - look if we just put the board this way! Yeah! That totally works!
- OK so this piece is my spaceship and you can ride on it sometimes.
- Oh, I'll just connect up my spaceship to yours.
Every day, there's some sort of exciting adventure going on for Oliver and Silas. They run a training school for dogs one day, they create a palatial fort another day, they save their stuffed animals from bad guys or transform the house into a boat on a crazy river the next day.
|We make cookies together|
|They play constantly with their beloved dogs - Choochoo the chihuahua and Puggie the pug|
|They do puzzles a lot - one day they made what they called a "puzzle art gallery"|
I'd have much preferred to send them to school when they were 2 and caused amazing mess and stress on a daily basis. Now that they're so fun and easy, I'd like to keep them around longer! Sure, they pinch each other and suddenly need me desperately and loudly when I'm on the phone. Sure, they get into little tiffs about random stuff a lot and still make messes and have a problem with whining about almost everything I ask them to do lately. But I'll keep them. Forever and ever.