Monday, February 04, 2013

Family Valentine Activity Ideas

I've got several posts half-written but finishing them hasn't quite risen to the top of my "to-do" list lately. And I didn't forget to do my recipe post on Saturday or my scripture post on Sunday. I made a conscious decision to put them off and live entirely in the present for the weekend.

We had a packed, crazy and beautiful weekend celebrating Oliver and Silas's baptism on Saturday. Throw in Jared needing to go rescue his sister whose car broke down on her way here for the baptism in the middle of the night, preparing for houseguests, feeding 50 people a grand post-baptism dinner on top of preparation for the actual baptismal service including helping Oliver and Silas learn what they needed to know and lining up the speakers and songs and all that since our ward was in charge of this particular stake baptism and prepping for our own parts on the program since Jared's the bishop and I'm in the Primary presidency, and you get quite an exciting weekend! I'll post photos and more information soon.

But for now, I wanted to give you the link to a post I did last week on Power of Moms since you might want to start on some of these activities quite soon. Apparently these ideas are resonating - this post is getting pinned right and left on Pinterest. Valentine's Season is upon us ("Valentine's Season"? Yep, that seems to be a thing now. It used to be just a day. But wow, it's hard not to start thinking about it early given that the stores have had Valentine's Day candy and decorations out for weeks now...).

Seven Family Activities to Fill Feburary with LOVE

P.S. Like my new header? Glad you don't have to look at fall leaves anymore now that we're 1/2 way through winter? I was pretty proud of myself that I finally got around to putting up a new header. They're actually pretty fun and easy to make using Picasa . . . My friend Sarah gives simple step-by-step instructions on how to make blog headers on Picasa here (Thanks, Sarah! Without you, I'd probably still just have a boring text title on this blog)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails