Saturday, March 08, 2014

Is it really here?

It's been amazingly warmish and all the snow has been washed away by rain. Green is creeping across the yellow winter grass. When it's not raining, the sun has been warm and lovely.

I saw this today on my run:

And this:
 
And this:

Could it be that spring is really here?

Oh, how nice it is to go outside and not have to brace yourself for that brutal cold. How lovely it is to be warm in our house without having to crank the heat way up to compensate for our drafty (but beautiful) old windows. How pleasant it is to feel the sun on your face.

I'm sure there will be some more cold here and there and maybe some late snowstorms. The kids are hoping to get the chance to ski a few more times.

But this mildness and greenness and change is most welcome.

And today Jared's working with the kids to put the trampoline tarp back on. They're SO excited.


Kids are roaming the neighborhood and playing outside again. The back door is open and kids are running in and out for drinks and and snacks. Yeah for spring! 


2 comments:

Linda said...

Totally agree! Sorry Saydi! Dont' think you're seeing much of that yet! See you soon!

chercard said...

Well not totally...snow tomorrow! We just moved back to Utah from Vegas and I am LOVING all the tulips that are just starting to come up in my yard, spring is my favorite season by far and I have missed my spring flowers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails