Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Isaac's Campaign

So one other thing we somehow crammed into our Mother's Day weekend was helping Isaac make posters for his campaign for 8th Grade Representative for next year. He came up with his own slogan, politely asked me to buy him some poster board when I got a chance, worked hard on his application and his speech, and WON!

He decided to go with Ike Eisenhauer's campaign slogan and had fun making a poster that matched his campaign buttons:



He decided to wear a nice sport coat and tie to do his speech so people would take him seriously and he worked hard to get his speech down so he could say it smoothly. I loved the excited phone call I got when he found out he'd won.

Go Isaac! I like Ike!

P.S. If you're looking for summer ideas, check out the post I wrote a couple years ago that is still going super strong (over a million reads - wow!) and that lays out how we do our summer: Do-it-Yourself Summer Camp Kit

2 comments:

D & H said...

Hi Saren, I saw your family's picture in the Ensign and felt like I was looking at a friend, even though we've never met. I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work with Power of Moms. Power of Moms has uplifted me and made my life better time and time again. Thank you!

Linda said...

Congrats Ike! We are so excited for you. Excellent job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails