Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Joy School - Again???

This is my last Joy School group - they graduated in June 2010

Over the last couple of weeks, the twins have wanted to listen to Joy School songs all the time in the car (the older kids aren't exactly thrilled about it) and keep bringing up Joy School memories.  They started begging me to put together a new Joy School group for them and suggested various people we've met here who'd surely want to join our Joy School (most of them with two or three year olds and I just don't know if I've got the energy for a mixed-age Joy School group right now).  I explained to Ollie and Si that they've already graduated from Joy School and that now they get to go to Kindergarten.  But they quite logically pointed out that they only go in the afternoons, so there's plenty of time to do Joy School in the mornings (little do they know how much work I squeeze in during the mornings while they play together).   

When they finally realized I was serious about not putting together an actual Joy School group, they came up with the idea that we could just have our own Joy School - just the three of us - and pulled out Joy Boy (the puppet we always used as part of Joy School) and the CDs with all the songs and dug out a lesson manual.  So we did Joy School together last Friday morning and had a wonderful time.  They committed me to doing Joy School at least one morning a week from here on out.  And after the fun we had together on Friday, I was happy to agree.

I'm so glad that my sweet boys have such wonderful memories of Joy School.  And as I taught them last week, it made me really miss Joy School too.  It's so nice to have a set time to really teach my children important principles and to have great stories, activities, songs and ideas all laid out for me in the lesson plans.  Long live Joy School! 

(If you don't know about Joy School and this is all gibberish to you but you'd like to learn more, click on the Joy School button on the right.  And if you should happen to want to run your own little Joy-School-based preschool in your home, visit joyschoolco.com and you can see how that works).

1 comment:

Linda said...

This makes me smile! So cute! May Joy School live forever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails