Do you get it?
I don't either. I have no idea why I've now found a full-on foot print on the stove THREE TIMES. I figured since this was the third time, I'd take a photo before wiping it off.
Maybe it would make sense if there were any delicious foods stored above the stove. But the only thing in that cupboard is salt and pepper and spices. I can't quite see any of the kids feeling the urge to snack on that stuff. And none of the kids will claim the foot print. By size, it's got to be either Ashton or Isaac. But neither of them think it could possibly be their foot print. I guess it's Mr Nobody again. That guy sure gets into a lot of stuff around here.
I guess I'll just add this to the long long list of somewhat odd and often very frustrating things that I end up finding and cleaning up as a mom. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to take photos of some of the other messes I've faced - but in the moment I was just a tad angry and stressed and didn't quite think of taking a photo. Here are some of the most memorable messes I've encountered:
- Basalmic vinegar and vanilla extract sprinkled gleefully all over the living room rug and couch by two very created two-year-olds. Wow, that was a weird smell. Not sure why those two liquids were chosen together - maybe the fact that they were the same color and consistency? Quite amazingly, it cleaned up quite decently (with a whole lot of scrubbing...) and that rug and couch are still going strong with just a few tell-tale spots. The smell lasted for weeks though...
- Vaseline smeared all over brand new carpet and the new Pottery Barn crib bedding I'd carefully shopped for and found at a good price on EBay. In case you're wondering, vaseline DOES NOT come off carpet or bedding.
- A little boy peeing out the front door. I came around the corner to find a cute little bare bum framed in the front door with a considerable stream watering the front porch. Lovely. Another time, I found this same sweet child standing in doorway to the garage, similarly watering the old couch we'd put out there until we could find someone to buy it.
- 25 pounds of pinto beans dumped all over the pantry - those things roll EVERYWHERE - but at least there was no permanent damage. When we moved 5 years later, I found quite a few pinto beans tucked here and there...
- Butter all over one of my toddlers - all over his hair, his face, the kitchen counter, the cabinet front where he found the butter. He was shiny (as was the kitchen) for quite some time.
- A masacred shrub. My 3-year-old had somehow found the pruning shears and went to town on a once-stately, large and lovely bush in our back yard. I was so relieved he'd somehow escaped injury, pretty impressed that he was strong enough to inflict that much damage, and pretty sad to see one of the nicest features of the yard reduced to a deformed disaster.
- Poo painting (at some point, each of my boys greeted me with big smiles and poo covered walls and hands when I went in to get them up from naps - some repeated this lovely idea a few times)
What are some of your odd findings and memorable messes?