Monday, January 12, 2009

Post-Christmas in Park City

The MASSIVE tree at my parents' new house

We had a great post-Christmas time up at my parents' new place - lots of playing in the snow in some pleasantly sunny weather, lots of talking, lots of wonderful presents from my parents, lots of good food, lots of powerpoint presentations (Jared and my dad were both getting ready for upcoming presentations and wanted our input), lots of hilarious and nostalgic viewing of slides of all of us growing up - many that I'd never even seen before, lots of seeing my cousins and the kids loving time with their cousins and extended family. The warmish weather made the road into my parents' place extra slippery with slush so the van often couldn't make it out of there. This meant more time relaxing and hanging out and less time visiting friends or shopping which was all OK in the end. It was so nice to have time with Noah and Kristi and their kids who we don't get to see enough and to have Jo and Aja and Eli and Julie there as well.

Traditional singing on the stairs before present-opening

Isaac and Lyla (Noah and Kristi's baby)
Liza and Lyla - the kids were so excited to hang out with Lyla and McKay!

Silas and Noah sledding with gusto

Grandkids SO excited about their new pony from Grammie and Grandfather -
plus the many other great gifts they received

Zoo Lights at SLC Hogle Zoo - COLD fun times!

I think Jared had a pretty good birthday - it's always hard when it's mixed in with New Year's festivities! He went to a big fancy breakfast buffet with my dad, brothers and Ash and Ike (as most might expect, Ashton and Isaac ate everyone else under the table), the kids made a big banner for him and I took him out for a sushi feast and to do a little shopping for new clothes. Then that night we had our traditional New Years Eve party with my mom's sister and family and laughed a lot and ate a lot and brought in the new year in peace and good company. Goodbye and good riddance to 2008!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails