Thursday, November 01, 2012

Sweet ending

Oliver's prayer tonight:

Heavenly Father:
Thanks that we could have a good day today and get our book reports done even though we got them done so late (The last-minute book reports for both twins that got pushed off with all the Halloween stuff made for a little bit of a stressful evening.) Thanks for my mom and that she keeps me away from drugs.  (It was red ribbon week at school last week so I guess drugs are on his mind.)  Thanks that my mom keeps me safe from anyone stealing me. (Last night when he was trailing behind while trick-or-treating, I suggested he stick close and hold my hand since there might be some not-so-nice people mixed in with all the very nice people out and about.) Please help my mom to have fun with her mom and sisters in San Francisco but that she won't go to our favorite museum there without us. Bless that it will be almost like she's at my basketball game on Saturday since Daddy will take a video. Please help us to win our game and win all our games but maybe not all of them just most of them. Thanks for giving me such a great family.

Then after his prayer, he gave me a hug and held my face in his hands as he looked right in my eyes and said, "Mom, you're the best mom in the whole entire world."

Nice way to end the day.

And when I came downstairs to the kitchen and found that Ashton and Isaac had only done their dinner jobs half way after I specifically asked them if they'd done their jobs completely. I didn't feel all that annoyed about it. I figured the best mom in the whole entire world would just nicely clean up the rest of the dinner mess and give her kids a break - this once . . .

3 comments:

anna said...

Awww...sweet boy. Great mom.

Becky said...

Such a sweet prayer and so funny!

Rachelle said...

I love this. So great you've got it recorded!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails