Friday, April 06, 2012

Friday Q and A - Easter books and virtual Retreats

Question:

I love your Easter Week suggestions and all the links to video clips. I'd also be interested to know what some of your favorite Easter books for kids are.

Answer:

I'd like to find more great Easter books but these are the best books I've found so far.

  • A Christ-Centered Easter by Janet and Joe Hales (this book offers tons of great ideas for day-to-day celebration of Easter Week - I got lots of my ideas in my Easter Week post from this book. I also love how it gives a timeline for events and offers specific scriptures for each event.)
  • Easter Walk by Deborah Pace Rowley
  • The True Story of Easter by Nell Navillus
  • The Miracles of Jesus: a Felt Play Storybook (my little guys love all the felt pieces)

I'd love to hear other people's favorites. If you've got ideas, people put them in the comments below, OK?

Question:

My cousin went to your Retreat last year in Park City and I was so jealous! I wish I could go to a Retreat with all my heart but we live in a tiny town in Indiana and I just don't know if there will ever be a Retreat close enough for me to afford to get there. I've started a Learning Circle and I LOVE it but if you can ever send a trainer to do a Retreat near here, I would help recruit people and help with food or anything else I could do to make it happen!

Answer:

I replied personally to this wonderful mom but I thought I'd share my reply here as well since many may have a similar question. I told this mom that we'd love her help doing a Retreat in her area some day and that we're working hard to train up wonderful trainers who can present all our Retreat curriculum all over the world. But I also let her know that as she suspected, it will be quite a while before we could get a Retreat to her area. We get so many requests and we honestly yearn to provide Retreats for everyone who wants to attend one. But April and I need to be moms to our own families first and foremost so we have to limit the Retreats we conduct and we don't have a whole lot of experienced trainers yet.

So we're extra excited now that we can reply to emails like the one above with a brand new option. We may not be able offer in-person Retreats to all the moms who are asking for them, but we can now offer "virtual" Retreats to every mom in the world who has a computer. We had a videographer come to a Retreat and capture the best stuff on film and then we've spent the past year editing those videos and putting them together with reflection questions and activities. We've also created webinars and worksheets and podcasts to capture what we didn't capture in videos. So now, every mother everywhere can experience a full "virtual retreat" right in front of her computer.

Here's a sneak peek at some parts of the virtual retreat:



Click on these links to learn more about the two parts sections of a "virtual Retreat."

You can purchase the two together at a special discount for a full "virtual Retreat" 


If you are in the Bay Area, in the Vegas area or near the Wasatch Front, please join us in person for one of our three upcoming Retreats:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails