Sunday, November 10, 2013

Classic French Crepes

Classic French Crepes
(This is the recipe that came with the crepe pan we received as a wedding present. 15 years later, the recipe and the pan are still going strong!)

Ingredients:
1 ½ c. milk
6 eggs
1 ½ c. flour
3 tbsp. melted butter
½ tsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar

Mix in blender or with hand mixer until well mixed and frothy. Best to let stand for 30 minutes before cooking (or make the night before and keep in the refrigerator overnight).  Mixture should be about the consistency of heavy cream. For easy pouring, put it in a pitcher or measuring cup with a spout (or keep in the blender container). Preheat non-stick small frying pan or crepe pan for about 30 seconds on medium high heat. Pour about 2 tbsp. of mixture into pan then pick up the pan and tip it around to coat pan with a thin layer. Cook for 30 seconds or until it gets little bubbles throughout and the edges start to curl. Then flip over and cook second side for 15-20 seconds. Slide cooked crepe out of pan and onto plate to cool. Then keep going!

Filling Ideas:
  • Nutella and banana slices and/or berries (works best if you put the crepe in a warm pan while spreading the nutella, the heat helps it spread better)
  • Lemon juice with powdered sugar
  • Fresh chunky jam
  • Butter and cinnamon sugar
  • Cookie butter with bananas


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've stumbled upon another great recipe! Was looking for muffins to make for my ballet students, but… I love french crepes. But I always cook them too long and burn them… :S (perhaps our non-stick pan has lost it's non-stickiness too..)
I look out for home-made treats for my kids (students) so I tend to read "mommy blogs" :)
By the way, if you're children are crafty you should check out Muffalo Potato (it's actually a how-to-draw show for kids my boyfriend created on Youtube…Just opened a month ago) We would Love your opinion :) Happy Autumn!


chercard said...

Saren my husband is interviewing for a new job and has a strong possibility in Ogden. I wondered if I might contact you about living there or near there. You can email me at vegasmom77 at gmail com.

Thank you, Cheryl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails